4-17. Nose Clearing Device Maintenance - continued.
(1) Place helmet on clean workbench.
(2) While holding nose clearing device on inside of helmet, use pliers to remove nose clearing device
(3) Remove packing nut (2) and preformed packing (3) from nose clearing device. Discard packing.
(4) Pull nose clearing device (4) out through the interior of the oral-nasal mask.
(5) Remove preformed packing (5) from interior of faceplate retainer. Discard packing.
b. Cleaning and Inspection
(1) Clean component parts with NID solution and soft bristle brush. Wipe with clean, lint-free cloth.
Rinse with warm water; air or blow dry.
(2) Inspect component parts for deterioration or other damage.
Repair is Limited to the replacement of damaged parts.