(5) Pull the demand regulator body (3) away from the helmet.
(1) Remove cover clamp screw (1) and cover clamp (2).
(2) Lift off cover (3) and remove diaphragm (4).
(3) Turn dial-a-breath knob (5) counterclockwise until packing nut (6) is fully exposed. Then, remove
packing nut, dial-a-breath knob (5), shaft (7), preformed packing (8), and washer (9) as a unit.
(4) Place the dial-a-breath knob on a block of wood and drive retaining pin (1 0) out of the knob.
Remove washer (9) and preformed packing (8) from shaft (7). Discard packing.
(5) Tilt regulator body (14) so that spacer (I 1), spring set (12), and piston (13) fall out of the adjustment
(6) Remove inlet nipple (15) from regulator body. Remove preformed packing (16). Discard packing.
(7) Remove nut (17) from inlet valve (18). Discard nut. Tit the regulator body and drop out inlet valve
(18), spring (19), and washer (20). The spacer (21), lever (22), and washer (23) will now fall out of
the regulator body.
Do not re-use exhaust valve once it has been removed from the
(8) Inspect exhaust valve (24) for tears, deterioration, or deformation of rubber. If damaged, pull valve
away from regulator body.