(1) Lubricate new preformed packing (5) with silicone lubricant and install on the rear of the faceplate
(2) Install nose clearing device (4) from the interior of the oral-nasal mask and out through the lower
packing fitting on the faceplate retainer.
(3) Lubricate new preformed packings (3) with silicone lubricant and slide the two packings onto the
shaft of the nose cleaning device.
(4) Install and tighten packing nut (2) until some resistance is felt when the nose clearing device shaft is
pushed in and out.
(5) Install the nose clearing device knob (1) on the nose clearing device shaft.
4-18. Exhaust Tube/Whisker Exhaust Assembly Maintenance.
This task covers:
Cleaning and Inspection
Materials Required (continued)
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's (item 4, appx B)
Nonionic Detergent (NID Solution) (item 3, appx E)
Torque Wrench (item 9, appx B)
Clean, Lint-Free Cloths (item 2, appx E)
Warm Fresh Water (item 4, appx E)
Soft Bristle Brush (item 1, appx E)
Remove the four retainer screws (1), two whisker plates (2), and four spacers (3).
Remove whisker (4) from port retainer.