(3) Remove screw (3) and washer (4) from helmet interior and pry up on the front of the handle. Set
(4) Remove retaining screws (5), then the port retainer (6). The face port (7) will now come out.
(5) Remove preformed packing (8) from retainer. Discard packing.
(6) Remove preformed packing (9) from groove in helmet shell. Discard packing.
b. Cleaning and Inspection
(1) Clean component parts with NID solution and soft bristle brush. Wipe with clean, lint4ree cloths.
Rinse with warm fresh water; air or blow dry.
(2) Clean mounting channel and packing groove in helmet shell with NID solution and soft bristle brush.
Wipe with clean lint4ree cloths dampened in warm fresh water; air or blow dry.
(3) Inspect face port for cracks, scratches, or any other damage. Replace face port if cracked or if
scratches exceed 1-inch long and 1/32-inch deep.
(4) Inspect port retainer for any damage, especially around the mounting holes.