4-15. Demand Regulator Assembly Maintenance - continued.
d. Cleaning and Inspection
(1) Clean all parts with NID solution and soft bristle brush. Wipe with clean, lint-free cloths. Rinse
thoroughly with fresh water; air or blow dry.
(2) Inspect inlet valve (18) for damage to sealing face. Ensure stem is straight.
(3) Inspect diaphragm (4) for cracks, pin holes, or deformation of rubber. Check for separation of rubber
(4) Inspect washers (9 and 23) for deterioration.
(5) Inspect remaining parts for damage or wear.
Repair is limited to the replacement of damaged parts.
(1) If exhaust valve (24) is damaged or has been removed, wet new valve stem with fresh water and
install valve into regulator body. Cut valve stem so that it protrudes no more than 1/4 inch from
(2) Place washer (20) and spring (19) on the shaft of inlet valve (18). Insert the inlet valve, with spring
and washer in place, into the regulator body.