4-19. Muffler/Air Train Assembly Maintenance - continued.
b. Cleaning and Inspection
(1) Inspect components for dents, cracks, clogging, or any other signs of damage.
(2) Clean air train with NID solution and soft bristle brush. Wipe with clean, line-free cloths. Rinse with
warm fresh water; air or blow dry.
(1) Place muffler/air train (3) on side block stud.
(2) Align air train with upper edge of faceplate.
(3) Secure muffler/air train with washer (2) and nut (1). Do not over tighten.
4-20. Port Retainer Maintenance.
This task covers:
Cleaning and Inspection
Materials Required (continued)
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's (Item 4, appx B)
Nonionic Detergent (NID Solution) (item 3, appx E)
Torque Wrench (item 10, appx B)
Silicone Lubricant (item 8, appx E)
Silicone Sealant (item 9, appx E)
Soft Bristle Brush (item 1, appx E)
Clean, Lint-Free Cloths (item 2, appx E)
Warm Fresh Water (item 4, appx E)
Nose clearing device removed (para 4-17).
Whisker exhaust removed (para 4-18).
(1) Place helmet on clean workbench.
(2) Remove three screws (1) securing the front of the helmet handle (2).