4-18. Exhaust Tube/Whisker Exhaust Assembly Maintenance - continued.
b. Cleaning and Inspection
(1) Clean parts with NID solution and soft bristle brush. Wipe with clean, lint-free cloths. Rinse
thoroughly with fresh water; air or blow dry.
(2) Inspect whisker for cracks, tears, deterioration, or deformation of rubber. Check for separation of
rubber from metal. Replace if necessary.
(3) Inspect remaining parts for damage or wear. Replace parts if necessary.
(1) Align holes in whisker (4) with screw holes in port retainer. Install spacers (3), whisker plates (2), and
(2) Tighten screws (1) to 12 in.-lb.