4-16. Oral-Nasal Mask Maintenance.
This task covers:
b. Cleaning and Inspection
Materials Required (continued)
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's (item 4, appx B)
10% Providone-lodine Solution (item 7, appx E)
Clean, Lint-Free Cloths (item 2, appx E)
Warm Fresh Water (item 4, appx E)
Nose block device removed (para 4-17).
(1) Place helmet on clean workbench.
(2) Refer to paragraph 4-24 and pull microphone (1) out of oral-nasal mask (2).
(3) Remove oral-nasal mask (2) from helmet by pulling mask away from regulator mount nut.
(4) Remove oral-nasal valve body (3) by pulling away from mask.
(5) Remove oral-nasal valve (4) from body. Discard valve.