4-15. Demand Regulator Assembly Maintenance - continued.
Be very careful not to place undue stress on the lower arms of
the lever as this will disfigure the lower blades and cause spongy
To bend the lever (10) up, grip the lever from the side with a pair of long-nosed pliers and bend
lever using a twisting action, if possible, depending on lever styles.
(10) To bend the lever down, place the disk end of the diving systems integral 1/4-inch wrench (11) onto
the flat area of the adjustment tube within the regulator. Next slide the disk, as far as possible,
under the lever (10). With your finger, bend the lever down over the disk to the desired height. Be
careful not to bend the lever too far.
(11) Replace the diaphragm (3) and the cover (2) and test the purge button (8) once more.
(1) Completely unthread the bent tube (1) from the side block (2).
(2) While holding the inlet cap on the demand regulator (3), loosen the bent tube nut and pull the bent
tube straight away from the demand regulator.
(3) Inside the helmet, gently pull the oral-nasal mask away from the regulator mount nut (4). The oral
nasal mask will still be attached to the nose block device.
(4) Remove the regulator mount nut (4) and mount nut preformed packing (5). Discard the packing.