512. Communications Whip Maintenance.
This task covers:
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's (item 4, appx B)
Helmet liner removed (para 4-23).
Silicone Lubricant (item 8, appx E)
(1) Tag and disconnect communications whip wires (5) from the communications posts in the interior of
To avoid damage to the fiberglass helmet shell, ensure packing
gland on communications whip does not turn while removing the
nut in the interior of the helmet.
(2) Remove nut (1) from interior of helmet while holding packing gland (2) on communications whip (3).
(3) Carefully pull packing gland with communications whip from helmet.
(4) Remove and discard preformed packing (4).