Helmet Locking Device Failure.
(1) Hold helmet in place and inform topside.
(2) Attempt to resecure helmet locking device.
(3) Ascend as directed.
Loss of Buoyancy Control.
(1) Diver blowup.
(a) Shut the air supply valve, depress the chin button, hold hands over the head, and vent from the suit cuff. Pull
one cuff open if required.
(b) Adjust the air supply valve and exhaust valve to regain buoyancy control. Notify topside of the incident.
(2) Diver falling.
(a) Open the air supply valve fully (do not jam open) and pull the chin button closed to halt descent.
(b) Adjust the air supply valve to regain buoyancy control. Notify topside of the incident.
f. Jocking Harness Failure.
(1) Hold helmet in place; inform topside and dive partner.
(2) Ensure ability to properly operate the chin button.
(3) Maintain buoyancy control and ascend as directed.