Lift and turn the pull rod until it is parallel to the manifold. Push the pull rod until it is disconnected from
Care should be exercised in handling tanks after the stabilizer bands are removed
to prevent damage to the manifold assembly.
With a 1/2 inch box wrench applied to the top stabilizer band nut (fig. 4-5) (8) and a 3/8 inch ratchet,
with 4 inch extension, and a 1/2 inch socket applied to the head of the bolt, unscrew and remove the
top stabilizer band bolt (fig. 4-5) (6), nut (8). and washers (7).
Rotate the tanks on a flat surface so the repairman is facing the bottom of the tanks.
With a 1/2 inch box wrench applied to the bottom stabilizer band nut (11), and a 3/8 inch ratchet with
4 inch extension, and a 1/2 inch socket applied to the head of the bolt (9), unscrew and remove the
bottom stabilizer band bolt (9), and washers (10), and the abdominal strap slide bar (16).
Tilt the bottom of the tanks upward and remove the stabilizer bands from the tanks.
Rotate the tanks as the repairman is facing the manifold assembly.
(10) With a 1-1/8 open end wrench, unscrew and disconnect the center yoke (fig. 4-3) (7) from the elbow
(5) and reserve elbow (30).
Insert tool 1588-13 along the outer edge of the center yoke O-Ring (9). Rotate tool 1588-13 under
the O-Ring (9) and remove the O-Ring.
(12) Position the center yoke (7) in a soft jaw vise with the On-Off handle (18) pointing upward.
(13) With a modified screwdriver, fig. 4-8 (1/2 inch flat tip), unscrew and remove the On-Off nut (fig. 4-3)
(20). Remove the On-Off handle spring (19).
(14) Remove the On-Off handle (18) and the On-Off handle washer (17).
(15) With a 3/4 inch open end wrench, unscrew and remove the bonnet assembly (13) through (16). Push
inward on the threaded end of the main stem (11) and remove the main stem from the bonnet (16).
(16) With tool 1588-13 remove the main stem 0-Ring (13), bonnet back-up ring (14), bonnet O-Ring
(15). Remove the main stem gasket (12).
(17) With a 5/16 inch flat tip screwdriver, unscrew and remove the nipple and disc (10). Turning the center
yoke upside-down so the nipple and disc will fall out.
(18) With a 7/32 inch allen wrench, unscrew and remove the reserve elbow insert (21). Rotate the reserve
elbow to allow insert spring (23), disc and retainer washer (24), and the reserve disc and retainer (25)
to fall out. With tool 1588-13 remove insert washer (22) from the reserve elbow.
(19) With a modified screwdriver (1/2 inch flat tip), unscrew and remove reserve lever nut (41) and reserve
lever spring (40). Remove reserve lever (39) and reserve lever washer (38).
(20) With a 3/8 inch ratchet and a 1/2 inch deep well socket, unscrew, and remove the reserve bonnet
assembly (35) through (37). Push on the threaded end of the reserve stem (33) and remove the re-
serve stem from the reserve bonnet (37).
(21) With tool 1588-13 remove reserve gasket (34) from the reserve stem, reserve O-Ring (35), and re-
serve back-up ring (36) from the reserve bonnet.
(22) Rotate the tank until the pin and plunger (32) and the pin and plunger spring (31) fall out of the reserve