5-8. Emergency Air Supply Valve Assembly Maintenance - continued.
b. Cleaning and Inspection
(1) Clean all parts with NID solution and soft bristle brush. Wipe with clean, lint-free cloths. Rinse with
fresh water; air or blow dry.
(2) Inspect components for pitting, cracks, or other damage.
(3) Inspect valve seat in valve body for wear or other damage.
Repair is limited to the replacement of defective parts.
(1) Lubricate all components with a light coat of silicone lubricant.
(2) Apply 2 1/2 wraps of Teflon tape to the tapered pipe thread end of the valve body (8) prior to
installation in the side block. Be sure the Teflon tape does not extend over the opening of the valve
body. There should be no loose pieces of tape in the opening of the side block. Install valve body in
(3) Place the washer (6) and packing (5) on stem (7).