Remove the air whip (5) from the helmet (2) and install the protective cap and gasket on the helmet air
Never stow a drysuit until it is thoroughly dry, inside and out.
Stow all equipment and tools.
e. Communications Check (figure 2-6).
To be accomplished as a mission and daily predive procedure and following repairs to
any communication component of the MK12 SSDS.
(1) Remove the protective cover or cap from the helmet communication whip (1) and umbilical cable (2).
(2) Ensure face seal O-ring is in place and in good condition. Lubricate lightly as necessary.
(3) Connect the helmet whip (1) and umbilical cable (2). Tighten the coupling nut set screw.
(4) Connect the umbilical cable (2) to the communication station (3).
(5) Ensure power source is correct; 120 Vac (grounded) or external 24 Vdc, internal source of 20 Vdc.
(6) With the aid of another diver, perform communications check to ensure proper tone quality and volume at
the communication station and the helmet.
If the above procedures were preparatory to a diving day, continue checking each helmet
assembly to be used. Otherwise perform the following steps.
(7) Disconnect communication set from or secure the power source.
(8) Disconnect the helmet whip (1) and umbilical cable (2).
(9) Disconnect umbilical cable (2) from the communication station.
(10) Install the protective caps or covers.
(11) Stow all equipment and tools.