(b) Unwrap tape from breathing bag tube.
Pressure. Relief Valve
(c) Separate breathing bag tube from plunger
(1) Unscrew pressure relief valve (11, fig. B-1)
(d) Remove screws (3) that hold timer
from facepiece valve assembly.
bracket (8) to plunger valve. Lift off timer and bracket.
(2) Remove gasket (9) and spring (10).
(a) Pry knob (7) from timer shaft Knob is held
(1) Inspect components for damage or corrosion
and make sure that they are free of dirt.
(b) Remove nut and washer that hold timer
(2) Replace defective components.
(9) and timer dial to bracket
(3) Replace valve.
(a) inspect components for damage. Be sure
(1) Install gasket and spring.
that timer operates properly.
(2) Screw pressure relief valve onto facepiece
(b) Replace timer If defective. Repair the
timer bracket if it is bent or damaged.
(3) Tighten relief valve with a wrench Use only
enough force to compress gasket.
(a) Insert timer shaft In hole of timer bracket.
(b) Fit timer lugs in slots on timer bracket.
a. Removal. Pry knob (7, fig. B-2) from timer shaft.
(c) Place dial over timer shaft so that the 60-
Knob is held on by friction and will slide off.
minute mark faces outward (away from breathing bag)
b. Installation. Fit knob over timer shaft so that knob
and the dial lugs fit into slots on the timer bracket
points to 60 (zero setting). Press knob as far as it will go
(d) Install washer and nut and tighten nut
(e) Fit knob over timer shaft so that knob
points to 60 (zero setting). Press knob on shaft as far as
4-10. Timer and Bracket Assembly
it will go
(f) Install timer and bracket assembly (a (6}
(1) Remove timer and bracket assembly from
through (12) above.).
attaches breathing bag tube to plunger valve assembly
(10), by lifting latch with a screwdriver.
(3) Unwrap tape from breathing bag tube
(1) Unhook waist-strap snaphooks (fig B-3) from
(4) Separate breathing bag tube from plunger
waist-strap eyes on backplate assembly
(2) Remove four screws (21, fig. B-2} and nuts
(5) Remove screws (3) that are stored on plunger
(20) that hold harness D-ring assemblies to backplate The
screws and nuts are located under insulating material on
(6) Place timer and bracket assembly on plunger
(7) Fasten bracket to valve assembly with screws
nuts (20) that hold harness D-ring assemblies to backplate
(8) Moisten inner surface of breathing bag tube
(2) Hook waist strap snaphooks (fig B-3) to waist-
with water. Do not use oil.
strap eyes on backplate assembly The rough side of the
(9) Slide hose clamp on breathing bag tube
leather tie strap should face outward.
Slide breathing bag tube on plunger valve
Breathing Tube Strap
Wrap end of breathing bag tube with one
layer of adhesive tape.
Place breathing tube strap around the harness assembly
Place hose clamp over tape and tighten
(a) Loosen hose clamp (2) which attaches
breathing bag tube to plunger valve (10), by lifting latch
with a screwdriver.