Rotate the tanks on a flat surface so the repairman is facing the bottom of the tanks.
With a 1/2 inch box wrench applied to the bottom stabilizer band nut (11). and a 3/8 inch ratchet with
4 inch extension, and a 1/2 inch socket applied to the head of the bolt (9), unscrew and remove the
bottom stabilizer band bolt (9). and washers (10), and the abdominal strap slide bar (16).
Tilt the bottom of the tanks upward and remove the stabilizer bands from the tanks.
Rotate the tanks as the repairman is facing the manifold assembly.
(10) Insert tool 1588-13 along the outer edge of the manifold O-Ring (Figure 44) (9). Rotate tool
1586-13 under the O-Ring (9) and remove the O-Ring.
(11) With a modified screwdriver, fig. 4-6 (112 inch flat tip). unscrew and remove the On-Off nut (fig. 4-4).
(33). Remove the On-Off handle spring (32).
(12) Remove the On-Off handle (31) and the On-Off handle washers (30).
(13) With a 3/4 inch open end wrench, unscrew and remove the bonnet assembly (26) through (29). Push
inward on the threaded end of the main stem (24) and remove the main stem from the bonnet (29).
(14) With tool 1588-13 remove the main stem O-Ring (26), bonnet back-up ring (27), bonnet O-Ring
(28). Remove the main stem gasket (25).
(15) With a 5/16 inch flat tip screwdriver, unscrew and remove the seat (23). Turn the manifold (21) upside
down so the seat will fall out.
(16) With a modified screwdriver (1/2 inch flat tip), unscrew and remove reserve lever nut (8) and reserve
lever spring (7). Remove reserve lever (8) and reserve lever washers (12).
(17) With a 3/8 inch ratchet and a 1/2 inch deep well socket, unscrew, and remove the reserve bonnet
assembly (13) through (15). Push on the threaded end of the reserve stem (18) and remove the re-
serve stem from the reserve bonnet (13).
(18) With tool 1668-13 remove reserve gasket (16) from the reserve stem, reserve O-Ring (15), and re-
serve back-up ring (14) from the reserve bonnet.
(19) Rotate the tank until the reserve assembly (20) falls out of the manifold (21).
(20) With a 1/2 inch open wrench, unscrew and remove the safety disc assemblies (1) and (22). With tool
1586-13, remove the safety disc, and the safety washer.
(21) With a 1/2 inch open end wrench, remove plug (2) and gasket (3).
(22) Place the tank in a tank vise. With a narrow 1-1/4 inch open end wrench, remove the manifold (21).
(23) Remove dip tubes (4) and (11) and O-Rings (5) and (10).
(24) Remove the tanks from the vise.
This completes the tank block manifold disassembly. Proceed to paragraphs 4-7
and 4-6 for cleaning, inspection, and lubrication of parts.
Tank Block Manifold Reassembly.
If the safety disc assemblies (1) and (22) are removed, replace both items with
Install safety disc assemblies (1) and (22). Install washer then the disc.
Position the manifold in a soft jaw vise with the reserve lever end pointing upward.
Insert reserve assembly (20). Insure that the protruding guides on the side of the reserve assembly
fit into the vertical grooves.